Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Itty Bitty Betty :)

So.....I know my blog is titled Tracy's Cricut Corner, but I recently discovered digital stamps and Copic markers! :)  So lately I have been making cards in that way.  I have to say I totally understand now what all the fuss is about with Copic markers,  they are WONDERFUL!  I have absolutely no prior experience with them but found them fun and fairly easy to use.   The hair coloring part is a little confusing and intimidating at first, but i just watched a lot of Suzanne J Dean's YouTube tutorials which helped tremendously.  And if I knew how to share links on this blog I would share hers!

This card design was inspired by Suzanne Dean.  Apparently she is a designer for Pink Cat Studios, the place where I found this ADORABLE Itty Bitty Betty Butterfly digital stamp.  (LOVE digi stamps!!)

As I said I am new to copic coloring but I think it turned out okay!  I have several of these stamps and find them very easy to color.  I still have a way to go regarding shading and figuring out where my light source is coming from (???? LOL!) but I am happy with the way it turned out.

The background paper is from Basic Grey- Sweet Threads, it was open stock at Michaels. The matts are Bazzill Basics cardstock, the flowers are Recollection brand and I used Xtra Fine Sparklets glitter from Denami Design.  Oh yes! The sentiment is a Scrappy Moms Stamp, from the Sweet Somethings set.

Thanks so much for looking!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment